Sugar is my favorite vice and It used to be a large majority of my daily calories... like 80%
The problem is sugar is one of the most toxic & addictive drugs we can put in our system and companies fill their products with this damaging substance to keep us hooked.
Sugar is linked to a whole host of problems. it is the favorite food of infection keeping diseases alive and thriving. it feeds the parasite yeast candida keeping us feeling scattered and desperate for more sugar.
It raises insulin to dangerous levels repeatedly until our body no longer responds to high blood sugar appropriately causing diabetes. This leads to low mood, low energy, miscommunication between body systems, and is the leading cause of amputation in America.
sugar also wins the golden globe for 'leading cause of infertility (PCOS) in our country'. And it laughs all the way to the podium ready to give it's acceptance speech crediting it's ability to mess with the endocrine system to the point where male sex hormones are produced instead of female hormones.
How to get off the sugar train:
1. Mix WATER & FIBER with any sugar intake. ---Get full on liquids & slow the blood sugar spike with fiber.
2. Switch to FULL FAT ---Fat keeps us feeling full and our blood sugar levels stable keeping us from those severe cravings.
3. Get enough SLEEP. ---Lack of sleep keeps ouR Hungry switch (Ghrelin) on, making it near impossible to not reach for that stimulating sugary snack.
4. EXERCISE--- Balances blood sugar through use of sugar stockpiles, releases feel good endorphins that sugary snacks often emulate.
5. HAVE HEALTHY OPTIONS AVAILABLE---
trader joe's dark chocolate almond, sugar alcohol sweetened candy bars ... yo-nanas faux frozen yogurt made of just bananas or just fruit ... greek yogurt, raw honey, berries ... almond, bananA, egg white protein pancakes + real molases ... green tea + stevia ... gluten free stevia sweetened chocolate chip cookies & brownies
(any other delicious low sugar dessert ideas ARE SO WELCOMED. Post in comments please.)
THE DATA IS HORRIFYING. THE DOCUMENTARIES WILL MAKE YOU SAD FOR OUR COUNTRY'S MENTAL HEALTH, SOCIAL BIASES, CAPITALISTIC EXPLOITATION OF FOOD, AND FUTURE HEALTH BILLS. THE BOOKS ARE TOO NUMEROUS TO READ. ANYTIME YOU CAN SWITCH TO STEVIA (plant based sweeteners) OR INCREASE YOUR FIBER, IT'S A HUGE, HUGE WIN. PROTECT YOUR MOOD, MENTAL PEACE, AND WAISTLINE AND REDUCE YOUR SUGAR.
YOU DESERVE TO FEEL GOOD
GETHSH is a wellness blog dedicated to researching the variables in the formula to feeling good. All suggestions should be reviewed with your licensed practitioner and taken on your own free will.